Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Accentuate The Positive

There aren't words to describe just how chaotic this semester has been. When I originally planned my Spring semester schedule, I thought it would be laid back and relaxed with lots of time for hanging out with friends.... but boy was I wrong. In the past few weeks my mind has been in a total whirlwind going in all different directions. In a sense though, I am grateful for each and every thing that has been placed on my plate because I believe that it is all making me a stronger individual and God would never throw something at me that He knew I absolutely could not handle.

I found a great quote on a fellow blogger's page, The College Prepster:
Good things happen to those who wait and work hard in the meantime


When I saw this quote I knew it could not have come at a more appropriate time in the semester. While this semester has been quite the challenging one, I remind myself that no matter how hard the situation might be or how impatient I can get, that if I wait and take the time to not only make "me" happy but also continue to work twice as hard, that everything will be ok.

I have been extremely lucky to have been blessed with some pretty amazing friends. One of my closest friends truly brightened my entire day when he sent me this passage from one of his favorite books:
"I go to seek a Great Perhaps."
- François Rabelais 


He explained to me the search for the "Great Perhaps" is that of an optimistic future. If you know me, you know that I am extremely optimistic and that can sometimes do more harm than good. While I am learning to look at life in a more realistic manner, I will never fully let go of my optimistic view. I'm so thankful for my family and friends who remind me to slow down and enjoy the good things in life when it starts to get just a little crazy.

Are you going to seek your Great Perhaps?

1 comment:

  1. Your future will be as bright as your present!
    Love, Second Biggest

    ReplyDelete