Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Just Another Manic Monday....

It's the start of yet another busy week. Don't you just hate those mornings when you are so tired and you keep hitting the snooze button? I've been having a lot of those lately. I feel like my morning hasn't really started until I've had my daily dose of caffeine and during the school semesters its the coffee and Diet Coke that really keep me going. I love coffee, bold with half and half and you can normally catch me with either a Starbucks cup in hand or my monogrammed travel mug (its pink.. of course). My dad taught me to be a connoisseur of coffee and while I do like mochas and caramel macchiatos, coffee is the best just by itself. Although my ultimate drink of choice comes from a local coffee house, called the Immaculate Consumption and it is the Motivator - coffee with two shots of espresso. What makes it even better.. they know us by name and start making our drinks when we walk in the door! 

People have been saying for years that too much coffee is bad for you and that you shouldn't drink it and so on.. but I have news for you! Coffee is actually really good for your health! An article by Kerri-Ann Jennings, the Associate Nutrition Editor at EatingWell Magazine states the top 5 healthy reasons you should not quit consuming coffee.

1. Coffee is heart healthy! 
Drinking 1-3 cups of coffee a day can lower the risk of a stroke and because coffee is high in antioxidants, it can even help to lower your blood pressure.
Did you know? Each serving of coffee has more antioxidants than blueberries

2. Coffee can help decrease chances of Type 2 Diabetes 
The antioxidants found in coffee can help to increase your cells sensitivity to insulin therefore regulating your blood sugar.
Did you know? If you drink 4+ cups of coffee a day, you can lower your chance of Type 2 diabetes

3. Your liver likes it.. a lot
Coffee decreases the likelihood of various liver diseases and can also lower the risk of liver cancer by 43 percent.

4. Its good for your brain
Drinking 1-4 cups is not only good for your heart but also good for your brain and aids in lowering your risk for Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease.

5. Bye bye headaches 
The normal 16 oz cup of coffee ( which is the Grande size from Starbucks ) can relieve you from headaches and even migraines! 

With that said, I'm going to get some coffee :) 


All information came from "5 health reasons to not quit coffee" by Kerri-Ann Jennings 
View the entire article at http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/5-health-reasons-to-not-quit-coffee-2460820/



No comments:

Post a Comment