Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Why hello again world, I'm back!

So the weather in South Carolina at the moment is absolutely wonderful.  Today close to 80 degrees and full of sunshine.. might I mention that its February? As I walked across campus today there were tons of students just lounging on the Horseshoe enjoying the beautiful weather.  That has to be one of the hundreds of reasons I love living in the South and being a USC student.  Although I spent my Valentine's Day weekend sick from all of the constant weather changes.. so not good for your sinuses!


Lately, everything seems to be happening and changing so fast.. we're already half way through February and I keep wondering where the time has gone.  Everything around me lately seems to be moving so incredibly fast.. it makes me think, wouldn't it be great if life had a pause and rewind button! I turn to music a lot to help me put things in perspective or just reflect on what is on my mind. Tonight, "Never Grow Up" by Taylor Swift is a great choice and brought me to tears, good tears though.. that made me realize just how important it is to appreciate what and who I have. That is something I think all people tend to forget when life gets tough. When things are difficult if we forget the important things and people especially, we'll be left with nothing.

On a brighter note, I think it is important to approach each day with a positive attitude and a smile. Someone once said "Remember to be happy because you never know who is falling in love with your smile." I think that's just so cute but so true. People notice your emotions and your body language and they'll remember that.. I'd rather someone remember me being the bubbly sometimes quixotic girl than the unhappy, mad at the world kind of girl.

So tonight I'm enjoying a wonderful dark chocolate and sea salt bar (sounds strange I know but its SO good) in my new spa shea moisturizing socks (or as my dad would say my "blogging" socks) listening to music, its a total relaxation night! 

That's all for tonight, check back with me tomorrow and we'll see what adventures the weekend has in store! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your having a perfect South Carolina evening. See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a way with words :)

    ReplyDelete