Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pink, green.... and da Vinci

Today was yet another gorgeous day in South Carolina. I was finally able to pull out my brand new Lilly Pulitzer shorts! I ordered these back in January when we had snow on the ground and have been looking at them for weeks now waiting for spring to get here so I could finally wear them, let me tell you I was so excited to wear this outfit today! It was the perfect sunny day outfit.. pink and green patchwork shorts and my pink cardigan AND I was able to pull my beloved Jack Rogers out today as well.. it was just an all around great day! 

So I'm an Art History major with a minor in Business Management with my ultimate goal being to work in a gallery or museum. I get a lot of mixed responses when someone asks me what I'm studying in school.. to be honest one of my co-workers looked at me one day and said "So.. are you doing that until you figure out what you really want to do or is it, like, for real?" Another person looked at me and said "Oh ok, so like Charlotte on Sex and the City." I had never thought about that but they had a point, I mean Charlotte and I have the same style and career goal, so that was a pretty darn good comparison.

As I'm sitting in my Art History lecture class this past week, we had just started discussing the High Renaissance. When we got to Da Vinci's The Last Supper, we were talking about the context of the piece. This fresco is taking place right when Christ is telling the apostles that one of them will betray him.  Well, my professor points to one of the apostles, referring James the Greater, and says "Ok class, so here is an example of the first OMG moment ever recorded." I mean da Vinci was an incredible man, he thought of ideas that were way beyond his time, but who would have ever thought we would give him credit for documenting the first OMG moment? Interesting.

The Last Supper Leonardo da Vinci
(James the Greater is the second on the right from Christ)


I've really been enjoying writing my blog and giving my readers a little bit of insight into my world. As you can tell I write about everything under the sun from Lilly Pulitzer to the High Renaissance. The great thing about blogging is that you can literally blog about anything. I'm really interested to hear what y'all have to say about my posts and am even open to suggestions on what my readers would like to see me post next! 

1 comment: