Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oh! The places I want to go

In the immortal words of Dr. Seuss:

You’ll be on your way up!
You’ll be seeing great sights!
You’ll join the high fliers who soar to high heights.

You won’t lag behind, because you’ll have the speed. 
You’ll pass the whole gang and you’ll soon take the lead. 
Wherever you fly, you’ll be best of the best. 
Wherever you go, you will top all the rest.
- Oh the Places You'll Go!


This has to be one of the best quotes from the entire book! I love to think about this book when I think about traveling. There is this whole, big, great world out there and I want to see it all! This book reminds me that anything is possible, as long as you set your mind to it.

The neat thing about my family is that at the dinner table, you have absolutely positively no idea where the conversation will lead. Our latest dinner conversation was very fun, indeed. 
(It is perfectly acceptable for me to rhyme after quoting Dr. Seuss, right?)

So here it is, my top 5 travel destinations:



Memphis, Tennessee
We've already established that I'm a huge Elvis fan, so Graceland is most definitely on my list but I also want to see Sun Studios, Beale St., etc.  My dad is from Memphis and I've always wanted to see where he grew up.




Savannah, Georgia
I live in the South and have seen so much of this wonderful region but I have never been to Savannah. How crazy is that? The New York Times recently ranked Savannah as one of the top 25 art cities in the country.





Giverny, France
Located right outside of Paris, was the home of my favorite artist, Monet. Seeing his gardens at Giverny, along with his famous Japanese bridge is definitely on my bucket list.



London, England
The National Museum.. Westminster Abbey.. Parliament.. Tower of London.. Harrods. That's just a start.


Rome, Italy
I'm an art history major, Rome is a must see!

Think I forgot a destination, leave me a comment!












6 comments:

  1. mojitos in Cuba- dancing after
    maitais at Trader Vic's in Atlanta- shopping at Phipp's Of course!
    garder manger for dinner in Montreal

    come on...lets go :)

    - your biggest fan

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you go to Memphis you must visit the Ducks at the Peabody. Perhaps you could be the Duck Master for the day..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! the places I look forward to receiving postcards from you. You are on your way sweetie.The world is yours just do not miss anything. And--remember the crab cakes at the end.
    I'll take second biggest fan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your list! We passed through Savannah last summer and I wish we had more time! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fresh bread and butter for breakfast in Paris, then off to the Louvre; sunflower fields in Tuscany; the Parthenon in Greece and true Greek salad for dinner; and yes.....Rome, by all means Rome!

    YBF

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been working on my bucket list for a few months now, and i think i may just save myself a whole lot of bullet points and just say "see grace's post on places to go"! i'd love to visit these beautiful locations as well - hope we both get there soon enough!

    ReplyDelete